Keeping calm during COVID-19
20th March 2020
In our increasingly fast-paced world, it is becoming more and more tricky to find some peace of mind. When we’re surrounded by the trials and tribulations of daily life it’s easy to forget to take some time out for ourselves. Because of the recent news of the COVID-19 outbreak it’s never been more important to benefit from some me-time.
Whether you’re self-isolating or keeping some social distance until the storm blows over, remember to look after yourself. Here are our top tips for keeping the good vibes rolling in 2020:
Although we’re advocates of the digital detox, it’s times like these that the world’s advancement in tech and communication really is a blessing. Whilst you might not be able to catch up at the pub or coffee shop, it’s never been easier to get in touch and have a chat. But how?
- Facetime/WhatsApp Video Call. Let’s face it, most of us have smartphones. Can’t make it to dinner this weekend? No problem. Prop your phone up at the dinner table and enjoy a gossip with your friend from the comfort of your own home.
- Netflix Party. In reaction to COVID-19, there’s a new Google Chrome add-on and it allows you to stream your favourite series with your friend! Netflix Party synchronizes your video and adds a group chat to your favourite Netflix shows. So what’s the catch? Nothing, here’s the link.
If you’re using your devices that little bit extra, make sure you stay radiation conscious with our smartDOT. smartDOT is a clever device that harmonises emissions emitted by your phone, tablet or laptop.
Let’s be honest, we all put off cleaning from time to time. So if you’re cooped up at home, now is the perfect time to have a deep clean and change up your surroundings. Feng-Shui works on the basis that moving furnishings in your home can clear stagnant or negative energy and boost your mood by refreshing your environment. How do I get started?
- De-clutter. In feng-shui, a cluttered home equals a cluttered mind. Time to tackle that ‘chair-drobe’ in your bedroom.
- Open your front door. When it’s warm outside, create an open pathway to let good vibes flow in and flush away any stagnant energy.
- Bring the outdoors in. The colour green is associated with relaxation and a sense of calm. Look into getting some plants for your home.
But wait, there’s more. If it’s good vibes that you’re lacking, take a look at our spaceDOT – a room harmoniser. We call it the DIY Feng-shui DOT because it retunes negative energies in your space.
Whether you’re at home by yourself or with family, it’s a good idea to spend some time looking after you. If you’re short for time don’t worry, mindfulness is something you can practice whilst you do anything.
But how does it work? Mindfulness is about staying in the present and not getting too lost in worrying about the future. Whilst doing some short meditations can help with this, you can practice mindfulness by eating more slowly and enjoying each bite of flavour or making sure to listen more carefully when having a conversation.
Here’s something we can all agree on. We’ve made it through sodden sweaters and frozen fingers season – wouldn’t some sun be a welcome relief? The recent news of COVID-19 can feel like another obstacle to overcome. But rest assured, as the days draw out and the evenings get hotter, Spring and Summer are certainly going to be a warm welcome for everyone. And if that’s not enough, check out our bioDOT. bioDOT is your natural energy boost, no matter what the weather.